Over time, not only the rods but also the fishing lines evolved to meet the anglers’ ever-growing needs to have a more robust and reliable alternative to single strands— braided lines, which dispense extra power with the same diameter as other fishing lines.
Since they are skillfully crafted by winding up several fibers together, braids are incredibly strong. A single fiber alone is weak, but together they can surprisingly hold better than the finest single strand of a similar thickness available in the market. No wonder they have become anglers’ go-to option when it comes to catching big and heavy trophies.
They go excellently well with both baitcasting reels and spinning types, which explains their widespread prevalence. It would be accurate to say that they are becoming increasingly popular and outshining other types of fishing lines along the way. Read on to find more about the best braided fishing lines.
Best Braided Fishing Lines At A Glance!
Best Braided Fishing Line
In addition to length, an angler must take into account the line’s weight, material, resilience, and of course, flexibility. Surely, it sounds daunting, but it is essential if you want to get your hands on the product that matches your style and demands.
Fortunately, I have done that for you and constructed the following list for the best-braided lines.
Let’s get started, shall we?
#1 – KastKing SuperPower
– Key Features
- 6 lbs. 0.07mm | 8 lbs. 0.08 mm
- 10 lbs. 0.09 mm | 20 lbs. 0.18 mm
- 25 lbs. 0.22mm | 30 lbs. 0.25 mm
- 40 lbs. 0.30 mm | 50 lbs. 0.40 mm
- 65 lbs. 0.45 mm | 80 lbs. 0.50 mm
- 100 lbs. 0.60 mm | 120 lbs. 0.70 mm
- 150 lbs. 0.80 mm
- Color: Low-Vis Gray
- Spool sizes: 327 yds, 547 yds, 1097 yds
- The color is low visible, and it does not fade away easily.
- The catch ratio is appreciable.
- It is very affordable in comparison to its rivals, providing the same durability.
- The line is powerful, allowing you to capture heavy and hard-to-catch trophies.
- Compared to other KastKing products, it comes with superior abrasion resistance.
- Reportedly, unrecognizable black dye sometimes peels off from the surface, which is hard to clean.
- The diameter for the 20 lbs. line is questionable.
No need to dwell in the unsettling worry of line breakage as KasKing ensures a triumphant catch from the water all the way to your trophy bucket. All thanks to its incredible durability and the amazing test strength.
Unlike what you have witnessed in most of the fishing lines, the color does not disintegrate. At least, it stays vibrant for a long time because of the fade-resistant paint that withstands water exposure and heavy use brilliantly.
Both the strength of the 4-strand line and the 8-strand line is unparalleled to anything that I have ever come across in the market. Not to forget, the catch ratio is impressive, allowing you to cast at serious distances.
What you will appreciate the most is the price tag. KastKing is touted for its affordable price spectrum, making it a viable option for not only beginners but also seasoned anglers.
When it comes to providing affordable yet quality products, the brand has no rivals, making it popular amongst all types of anglers. With ultra-strength, impressive casting distance, undemanding manageability, and the right sensitivity make this braided line shine above all.
It does have a disgusting flaw that fouls up everything — the manufacturers have thrown in a sooty dye that oozes from the line. Holding the line would mean having this weird tar staining your hands and clothes.
You might as well consider buying a cleaning agent along with it.
#2 – Power Pro Spectra
– Key Features
- 3 lbs. 0.06mm | 5 lbs. 0.10 mm
- 8 lbs. 0.13 mm | 15 lbs. 0.19 mm
- 30 lbs. 0.28 mm | 50 lbs. 0.36 mm
- 80 lbs. 0.43 mm | 150 lbs. 0.56 mm
- 250 lbs. 0.89 mm
- Casting length: 150 yds, 300 yds, 500 yds, 1500 yds
- Color: green
- The line is highly durable, resistive to abrasion, and strong.
- As it is incredibly smooth, it is very easy to handle.
- There is no stretch in the line, and it resists memory efficiently.
- It allows you to detect even the smallest bite with ease.
- It comes in various pound test options.
- For basic braided fishing lines, it is quite expensive.
- Under sudden stress, it breaks off.
A braid that possesses the brand’s signature features along with the high-end Enhanced Body Technology (EBT); Power Pro Spectra stand out from the rest. You may think of EBT as a coating, but it is rather a process to make the braids stronger, more durable, and better at resisting abrasion.
Tying knots was never this facile, considering the line’s smooth and friction-less surface. For this reason, it is also pretty easy to handle and manage. Plus, the line moves freely along the guides due to the fluidity and the round, smooth surface.
Similar to most of the braided lines, it comes with zero stretches, which benefits the anglers in detecting even the slightest movement.
Even though it delivers basic features, it may not fit some anglers’ budgets. The exorbitant price is due to the high-quality EBT treatment, which is certainly worth the investment.
Without even the slightest doubt, Power Pro Spectra is amongst the winsome candidates for braided fishing lines. Most of the value of this product comes from the EBT treatment, which is worth the relatively higher price.
The impressive durability means the line will serve you for a long time and can help you combat trophies, especially bass. From beginners to advanced users, everyone should consider this name in their wish list for the best braided fishing line for bass.
#3 – Piscifun Onyx
– Key Features
- 6 lbs. 0.06mm | 8 lbs. 0.8 mm
- 10 lbs. 0.9 mm | 12 lbs. 0.12 mm
- 15 lbs. 0.14 mm | 20 lbs. 0.18 mm
- 25 lbs. 0.23 mm | 30 lbs. 0.26 mm
- 40 lbs. 0.30 mm | 50 lbs. 0.37 mm
- 65 lbs. 0.40 mm | 80 lbs. 0.50 mm
- 100 lbs. 0.55 mm | 120 lbs. 0.60 mm
- 150 lbs. 0.70 mm
- The abrasion resistance and the durability make this line really strong.
- The color does not wear off quickly.
- It comes with low memory, which helps the angler schedule his sessions.
- Zero stretch and high sensitivity also benefit the user.
- It is the best braided fishing line saltwater in this listicle.
- After a couple of rounds, it starts to fray.
- It is not the perfect option for people who are physically weak.
The major highlight of this fishing line is the epoxy coating and the heavy-duty material of the fiber. The coating makes the line resilient, which slows down the wearing off process — not to mention, the color does not disintegrate as quickly as what is usually expected from standard fishing lines.
Piscifun Onyx does not backlash, meaning there are more chances of capturing a fish. It is more efficient than its competition and catches the prey faster.
You will certainly appreciate the zero-stretch accompanied by high sensitivity level, ultimately leading to enhanced performance. Also, it comes with low memory, allowing you to judge when it is time to draw out the line.
Another highlight that is worth mentioning is the prodigious tensile strength of the Onyx braided fishing line, which ranges from 12 lbs. to 150 lbs., depending on the number of strands. The braids having 4 strands maximize at 50 lbs., whereas the ones with 8 strands are responsible for the higher figures.
With a range of amazing features — abrasion resistance, impressive knot strength, minimal stretch, high sensitivity, fast cutting water ability — you will not be disappointed by these braids. Not to forget, the wonderful tensile strength is also worth praising, allowing you to cast better with maximum power.
What concerns me is that it might be slightly more challenging for physically weak people to handle this line fully. Apart from this, it truly deserves to be in your fishing arsenal.
#4 – HERCULES Cost-Effective Super Cast 8 Strands
– Key Features
- 10 lbs. 0.12 mm | 15 lbs. 0.16 mm
- 20 lbs. 0.20 mm | 30 lbs. 0.28 mm
- 40 lbs. 0.32 mm | 50 lbs. 0.37 mm
- 60 lbs. 0.40 mm | 70 lbs. 0.44 mm
- 80 lbs. 0.48 mm | 90 lbs. 0.50 mm
- 100 lbs. 0.55 mm | 120 lbs. 0.58 mm
- 150 lbs. 0.62 mm | 180 lbs. 0.70 mm
- 200 lbs. 0.75 mm | 250 lbs. 1 mm
- 300 lbs. 1.2 mm
- It is made from one of the strongest fibers in the world.
- It comes with super-high sensitivity and zero stretches.
- It does not break off under sudden pressure.
- The knot strength is impressive.
- It comes in 15 different colors.
- The comes off easily and stays on the spool in the form of chunks.
- Most of the colors are highly visible underwater.
It is the namesake of the herculean strength this line harnesses, which comes from the diamond weave anatomy, and eight strand structure. It is tough to differentiate between Hercules and the most expensive fishing lines available in the market — the quality is that similar.
The braids are crafted from none other than the globally renowned PE fibers, which are the secret behind Hercules’ matchless strength. So, you won’t have to fear losing big trophies and can wrestle with greater confidence.
Slick and thin diameter enhances the reel capacity, allowing you to reach much further. The negligibly low memory not only makes the castability but also manageability easier.
The fan-favorite is the spectacular abrasion resistance and knot strength, preventing line breakage in the middle of tough combat. In other words, the line is perfect for heavy use and fish around rocky terrain.
As discussed earlier, the line has impressive strength, but when compared to PowerPro braids, it does not stand a chance. A sad truth.
Overall, the performance is satisfactory. It is equipped with every essential feature that a cheap braided fishing line should possess, making it a promising choice for many anglers.
What raises my eyebrows is the dye, which comes off relatively easier than other braids on the list. The peeled off dye amasses and fouls up the spool.
#5 – Mounchain Super Performance
– Key Features
- 10 lbs./ 0.12 m/ 0.0047 inches/ 4.6 kg
- 20 lbs./ 0.23 mm/ 0.009 inches/ 9.1 kg
- 30 lbs./ 0.28 mm/ 0.011 inches/ 14.1 kg
- 40 lbs./ 0.32 mm/ 0.012 inches/ 18.12 kg
- Length of the line: 328 yds, 527 yds, 1094 yds
- Number of strands: 4, 8
- It is extremely strong and provides immense power to land fishes in the bucket.
- It is available in a range of different low-visibility colors.
- The surface slides fluidly along the guides without giving rise to persistent bur.
- You can detect even the smallest bites due to their high sensitivity.
- Low memory ensures easy management.
- The dye, when comes off, becomes hard to clean.
- It is somewhat more expensive than other lines having the same features and abilities.
The brand promises superb strength and outstanding performance on the water. And the reason behind its power is the same material we have witnessed in Hercules a Braided Line — PE Fiber. It allows you to fish for hours without losing any prey.
Instead of water-based pigments that are prone to fading, the braids’ coating prevents color disintegration, allowing you to enjoy the vibrancy for a long. But expectantly, the colors aren’t meant to last an eternity, and they will eventually fade away.
With superior resistance, the braids deflect the harshness of UV rays, impacts with rocks, and continuous exposure to seawater. Further, the surface is buttery-smooth, devoid of bur, allowing the lines to pass through the guides without wearing them off.
What’s more, the enhanced sensitivity is another colossal advantage of this Mounchain Super Performance line, making it a lot easier to detect the tiniest bites.
Abrasion resistance should be your priority when selecting braided lines, and in this area, you can do no better than Mounchain’s braided line.
The performance, on the other hand, is better than what you might have initially anticipated, considering the fluid movement, strong knot strength, and bur-free surface.
Another plus point is that you can cast at great distances without losing control. Even though it is slightly more costly than others, I have reviews in this article, but considering the abilities, it will pay off the investment soon.
#6 – SpiderWire Stealth Superline
– Key Features
- 6 lbs. 0.23 mm | 8 lbs. 0.17 mm
- 10 lbs. 0.20 mm | 15 lbs. 0.22 mm
- 20 lbs. 0.25 mm | 30 lbs. 0.30 mm
- 40 lbs. 0.33 mm | 50 lbs. 0.35 mm
- 65 lbs. 0.38 lbs. | 80 lbs. 0.40 mm
- 100 lbs. 0.50 mm | 150 lbs. 0.66 mm
- 250 lbs. 0.81 mm
- Colors: moss green, blue camo, high-vis yellow, green camo, pink camo, translucent, glow vis
- The braids are of high quality.
- It comes with a coating that glows in the dark.
- The lines, when they pass through the guides, do not make much sound.
- Some of the colors have high camouflaging abilities.
- It is durable and does not break off easily.
- The coating on SpiderWire isn’t as efficient as Enhanced Body Technology.
- The colors fade quickly over time.
It reeks of quality. No wonder anglers that are looking for strength to pull out giants from the water turn to this braided line. Another reason for its widespread prevalence could be the quiet performance, which is the courtesy of its ultra-smooth surface and friction-less finish.
The lines handle the fishes with their respective weight classes pretty well. For example, the 4-strands braids can easily wrestle head-to-head with low-medium sized creatures, whereas with 8-strands, you can go bigger. So, choose depending on your specific needs, style, and experience in the field.
The term “Stealth” comes from the line’s ability to camouflage outstandingly when submerged in water. However, not all colors are equally less visible as some are crafted to be highly noticeable.
What you will absolutely praise is the array of colors it is available in — from translucent braids to vibrant yellow, the brand offers a spectrum of hues. Not to ignore, it also comes in a glowing coating, which makes it fun to hunt down giants at night.
Would you not love to have a braided line that is not only strong but glows in the dark? Every angler that understands the thrill of fishing in the dark would. That is not it; the line also works impressively well in daylight with low-visibility colors.
However, the color and the surface wear off eventually, given the fact that it isn’t as durable as EBT. Still, it will last for a considerably long time.
#7 – RUNCL Ultra Strong Braided Line
– Key Features
- 12 lbs. 0.09 mm | 15 lbs. 0.14 mm
- 18 lbs. 0.16 mm | 20 lbs. 0.18 mm
- 25 lbs. 0.20 mm | 30 lbs. 0.23 mm
- 40 lbs. 0.30 mm | 55 lbs. 0.32 mm
- 60 lbs. 0.37 mm | 70 lbs. 0.40 mm
- 85 lbs. 0.45 mm | 100 lbs. 0.50 mm
- Length of the line: 328 yds, 546 yds, 1093 yds
- It is suitable for both freshwater as well as saltwater fishing.
- The knots are powerful, which raises the chances of your success.
- It offers extra spool capacity and great casting distance.
- The performance is noiseless.
- The line does not wear off the guides as it moves through them.
- It does not offer many color options.
- The multi-color braids indeed look good, but they are a bad choice for discreet fishing.
Whether you prefer saltwater or freshwater fishing, Runcl fishing lines suit most fishing types. It is treasured for its tiny diameter and the ability to cast at large distances.
With the strong knots and splendid abrasion resistance, it is a force to be reckoned with. Say goodbye to your worries of line breakage as these braids are wounded up brilliantly, ensuring increased toughness and durability.
The line with 8-strands is exactly way sturdier and more powerful than the one with 4 strands, allowing you to challenge the giants of the undersea.
You will be able to wind extra length on the spool, considering the compact diameter of the lines, giving you more coverage in the same spool capacity.
It is important to note that the surface is smooth, which is essential for quite a performance and fluid movement. There will be no annoying sounds distracting you from accurately casting at your target.
Why wouldn’t it be a top choice for anglers? It features every essential characteristic that most anglers look for, with the exception of low-visibility color options. Apart from this, these braids will not disappoint you in any way.
The braids are strong, hold well against huge prey, and do not break off when encountering rocks or solid surfaces. You can surely overlook the one flaw it has and focuses on the tremendous strength it promises.
#8 – Spiderwire DURA-4
– Key Features
- 20 lbs. 0.10 mm | 23 lbs. 0.12 mm
- 26 lbs. 0.14 mm | 33 lbs. 0.17 mm
- 37 lbs. 0.20 mm | 51 lbs. 0.25 mm
- 64 lbs. 0.30 mm | 77 lbs. 0.35 mm
- 99 lbs. 0.40 mm | 125 lbs. 0.45 mm
- Casting length: 125 yds, 200 yds, 300 yds, 500 yds, 1500 yds, 3000 yds
- With this line, you can cast at large distances.
- It has impressive spool capacity.
- The colors blend exceptionally well in the water, especially moss green.
- The outer coating is of high quality, which prevents easy breakage.
- The high sensitivity allows you to rapidly respond to tiny bites.
- It randomly breaks under sudden pressure.
Lastly, I have culled a braided line that is more compact but delivers double the strength of monofilament lines having the same diameter.
By choosing them, you will not only be enhancing the spool capacity but also adding more strength to your fishing equipment. It doesn’t matter how reliable the rod is if it isn’t reinforced with a quality fishing line having enough pound test, it isn’t worth it.
What draws anglers to Spiderwire is the increased sensitivity and the negligible stretch, which holds paramount importance when it comes to catching agile fishes.
Also, the braid is designed to go exceptionally well with spinning reels. And it would be accurate to say that Spiderwirse Dura is the best braided fishing line for spinning reels enlisted here.
Dura’s outer coating is responsible for protecting the inner braids, making them resistive against wear and tear. In simpler words, it prevents the line from breaking quickly.
Moreover, it is crafted to blend in the environment without spooking out the fishes. The moss green color makes sure fishes mistake the line for vegetation and approach the bait fearlessly.
Unlike super-expensive braids that cost a fortune, this one offers comparable quality within a relatively lower price spectrum. You can expect ultimate power, durability, resistance, and longevity from this line, making it a worthwhile investment for your fishing equipment.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to state that Spiderwire Dure is amongst the market’s leading braided fishing lines. The strength, however, wavers, and the line sometimes randomly breaks.
What Features Does The Best Braided Fishing Line Have?
Choosing the braids that go with your needs is a taxing task, and not every user, whether beginner or advanced, is equipped with the necessary knowledge to pull off a profitable purchase.
What features to look for?
Which characteristics are essential and what to watch out for? I have covered everything here in this section, so let’s get into it.
6 Best Fluorocarbon Lines For Fishing – (Reviews & Buying Guide)
6 Best Monofilament Fishing Lines For Every Budget – (Updated)
Best Fishing Line For Bass In 2023 – (Braided, Fluoro, And Mono)
Best Fishing Lines In 2023 – (Braided, Mono & Fluorocarbon Lines)
Strong & Durable
Braided lines are known for their superior resistance against abrasion, wear, and tear. It is what makes them the best amongst the family of fishing lines. No wonder anglers with all skill levels are preferring braids over other types.
It goes without saying, the strength of the braids is pivotal to a good fishing experience. Nobody wants to lose a precious trophy. If you seek strength, you should look for a greater pound test, meaning the line having the ability to withstand immense pressure.
No-Stretch & Sensitive
What sets braided lines apart from the rest of them is the negligible stretch, allowing them to detect the smallest motion around the lure. Not only does it allow you to feel small bites, but also react to them faster. Therefore, you will be able to catch fishes with greater reaction time.
Having braids as the primary line in your arsenal enhances the chances of fish landing in your bucket. Since they are known as one of the best solutions for catching bass, you should prefer braided lines if you are into capturing agile creatures.
This one is tough to choose, considering the gargantuan archive of multi-colored braided lines. From low visibility colors to highly vibrant and flashy hues, the market is overflooded with options.
So, which one should you prefer?
No matter what the color, the braids should camouflage with the surrounding. For instance, around a lake surrounded by lush vegetation, a professional angler will go for a moss green color. Whereas brown or darker tones are better in muddy water.
Are you a fan of nocturnal thrills?
If yes, then choose glow-vis colors that radiate in the dark, allowing you to experience a magical angling adventure.
Thinner Diameter & Abrasion Resistance
The thinner the diameter, the higher will be the spool capacity. But for monofilament lines, the strength is reduced with the decrease in the line’s radius. The same is true for the braided line as well, but it offers a higher pound test for the same monofilament diameter. It means braids are incredibly stronger than other types of fishing lines.
Furthermore, when a line is immersed in water, it is bound to encounter rocks, and the friction snaps the cord. Braids, on the other hand, resists friction due to their higher abrasion resistance. It makes them a perfect solution for random breaks.
Moreover, the lines that come with an additional coating such as EBT are better at resisting the unpredictable encounters, making them a better choice amidst the crowd of braided lines.
Castability & Visibility
For a multitude of reasons, braids cover great distances. Firstly, they feature finely engineered microfibers, that harness tremendous strength and ensures smooth performance. Since they are strong and easy to handle, you can accurately aim for a larger area.
Not to forget, the smaller diameter enhances the spool capacity to hold more length, which is the leading factor why braided lines are better at covering more area.
As for the visibility, they are both undetectable and highly noticeable, depending on the color and the size of the line. For example, low-visibility and translucent colors like moss green, brownish, white, and grey tones remain below the radar.
While yellow, red, orange, and reflecting neon pigments attract too much attention. The latter is ideal for having fun but not for filling up your bucket.
What Is A Braided Fishing Line? What Are The Benefits of Using It?
People having been twisting and altering lines for enhancing the performance for as long as I can remember. Their modern incarnations feature unparalleled strength and durability, which is everything an angler dream of.
Initially, they were forgotten when monofilament lines having low visibility outshined them. But let’s not delve into a history as today, they have become a popular choice amongst anglers of all types.
Nylon, polyethylene, Dyneema, and other sturdy synthetic fibers are prevalently utilized in their manufacturing. These materials are known for delivering high strength and having lightweight.
With ever-evolving technology, manufacturers have found ways to make them more resistant to collisions, tension, and abrasion. Various coatings such as EBT are used to enhance their ability to resist wear and tear, making them tougher than ever.
What are the benefits of braided lines, and how do the braids affect performance?
Let’s find out.
They are treasured for their minimum stretch, which makes it possible to detect small bites. While some may consider it as a disadvantage, the matter is highly contextual — a low elastic limit is usually associated with easy breakage.
- As mentioned repeatedly above, braided lines can cover more distance than monofilament lines. Also, they are better at resistance to sunrays and saltwater.
- Since they have a smaller diameter but the same strength as bigger monofilament lines, they ensure higher spool capacity.
- The strength of the knot is superior to any other type of fishing line.
Best Fishing Knot For Braided Line?
There is a strong connection between the skill of tying a strong knot and a better fishing experience. After all, a loosely tightened knot will only lead to failure if you have no idea how to tie a firm knot for braided lines; follow the below-mentioned guide and learn a useful skill in a twinkling of an eye.
Berkley Fishing Knot:
It is one of the best knots for securing lures, leaders, and hooks. This is how you pull off a Berkley Fishing Knot:
- Make a double loop and pass it through the lure or the hook’s eye.
- Twist it around the main line and tag several times, preferably eight times.
- Now, run the loop between the formed coils, and the eye.
- Stretch the loop to tighten it up and trim down the dangling ends for a finer result.
In addition to Berkley, there are several knots that are also worth mentioning, such as the double surgeon’s knot, Palomar knot, and unit knot.
Make room for a new fishing line since you are bound to give your heart to one of my carefully handpicked braids. Undoubtedly, they are underrated for what they allow an angler to accomplish. But one thing is for sure; it is impossible to maximize your experience without equipping yourself with a quality braided fishing line.
No surprise if it is challenging to get your head around the sheer amount of information shared above. Take your time, let my review sink in, and make a sane and informed decision.
Don’t forget to explore the guide I have constructed later in this article. It holds every key feature that you must consider while foraging for a high-quality braided line. Hopefully, you will end up with the most suitable product.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1 – What Is the Best Brand of Braided Fishing Line?
Out of gazillions of brands competing in the market, KastKing reigns supreme. And the biggest testimony of their eminence in the industry is their ICAST 2015 performance. This award-winning brand is indeed one of the best brands for braided fishing lines.
#2 – What Is the Best Color for a Braided Fishing Line?
Although I have a spectrum to choose from, there are only a handful of colors that goes well with braided lines. In my opinion, moss green color, being highly low vis, is ideal for fishing in most conditions.
#3 – Is Braided Fishing Line Better?
It is no secret that braided fishing lines are better in terms of strength, sensitivity, and castability. Plus, they deliver a larger spool capacity. No doubt, braided fishing lines are quickly replacing other types, such as monofilament lines.
#4 – Does Braided Line Color Matter?
The answer to this should be similar to “do anglers prefer catching fish faster?” In both cases, yes! The ideal color is that which is less visible to fishes and blends well with the surrounding.
#5 – Which Is the Best Braided Fishing Line?
PowerPro Spectra is the best when compared to every other candidate in the above listicle. It thinks so because of the product’s unmatched strength, amazing abrasion resistance, and of course, smooth and quiet performance.
#6 – Monofilament Vs. Braided Line, Which Is Better?
In terms of affordability and knot strength, mono takes the upper hand. However, if you prioritize strength, spool capacity, castability, and abrasion resistance, braided fishing lines are a clear winner.
#7 – Can Fish See My Braided Line?
It depends on the color and type of line. For instance, low visibility colors such as moss green are hard to detect, whereas fishes can easily see flashy yellow hues. If you don’t want them to spool out and run away from the bait, choose the former.
#8 – Can You Use a Braided Fishing Line in Saltwater?
Yes! Braided lines can be used in saltwater fishing. They are highly durable and can withstand the intense effects of salty seawater. The overall performance, on the other hand, depends on the quality of the braided line you have chosen.